Professional Services delivered by a team that understand retail
Any technology solution is only as good as the team behind the solution
AdvanceRetail have an enviable track record in delivering point of sale and in-store solutions to many leading retailers throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia, and beyond.
However any technology solution is only as good as people who deliver and support the solution, and we are justifiably proud of the professional services capabilities we offer our clients.
With a wide range of business and technical skill sets, our professional services staff have years of experience working in diverse retail environments.
In addition to the extensive functionality available from our comprehensive suite of retail applications, we also offer a range of development services from our Development team.
These services can leverage the Business Services Integration (BSI) SDK framework for POS and Head Office / Back Office or can be targeted at bespoke utility and application development or enhancements to the core application range. Development services include:
- Business requirements analysis, specification development and application design.
- BSI Plug-in development for customised workflows and functions within the POS and Head Office / Back Office applications. Example plug-ins include customised customer search, selection and editing, external loyalty programme integration, customised marketing campaign execution at POS, warranty and insurance management, and display of third party information within POS (e.g. ERP inventory data, CRM customer data, stock availability data, etc.).
- Custom enhancements to core applications, these are typically controlled via configuration options but can also be linked to customer license keys to protect the intellectual property contained within the enhancement
- Development of companion applications that work alongside the core applications. Examples include a master data management solution for creating and ranging products in AdvanceRetail, a consignment stock utility for processing ASN’s into stores and reporting consignment sales and stock levels to vendors, and an electronic shelf label interface.
- Development of customised reports that can be run and scheduled via the Head Office / Back Office reports modules or printed from POS on an ad hoc basis or as part of the end of day process.
- Quality Assurance services for application testing and acceptance. We have worked with a number of customers to help build a suite of automated regression tests that can be run on the customer site as part of an upgrade project.
- Technical Consultancy. We have skilled and certified technical consultants within the team who have worked closely with customers to help with infrastructure and system integration projects.
Our professional services team work with clients to design and implement solutions, on-time and within-budget, then backup those solutions with effective support. Services available include:
AdvanceRetail consultants are retail specialists and work with clients to streamline business processes, delivering technology solutions to meet the needs of each individual business. We have worked in diverse domains within the Retail environment such as Supply Chain, Merchandise management, Inventory management, Customer loyalty programmes and web site integrations.
Our experienced and professional team can help you achieve on-time and within-budget projects by applying our extensive background in retail systems implementation and integration services to project delivery.
Whether you are planning an extensive IT transformation or extending your business capability using AdvanceRetail, the task of planning and blueprinting the solution can be daunting. Our team can assist with identifying options to arrive at solution recommendations, defined functionality, and the crucial design blueprint and plan.
Testing and QA
We strive to build quality into our products through the entire product lifecycle. We can assist you by applying the same approach to building customised test plans tailored for your business and executing these within your environment. We can help you develop an automated regression testing framework for your AdvanceRetail business processes so that you can be assured that every aspect of your in store processes are validated before software is deployed to your production environment.
Our professional service desk team offer telephone and email support 365 days a year, utilising a range of remote support tools to deliver support directly to users. This support model works best for customers who have in-house staff that manage support requirements but may need deeper technical or AdvanceRetail-specific assistance.
We also offer a front line support option, providing your business with a single point of contact to log and manage incoming system related calls. We coordinate third parties on your behalf and within your predefined requirements and manage all calls through to resolution thus freeing up your operational staff to focus on core business activities. Our Front Line support package can be customised to your business needs.
Rollout and Upgrade Automation
Whether you require one new workstation or 1000, whether a simple system upgrade or a complex rollout, AdvanceRetail have the in house knowledge and processes to efficiently build and deploy standardised equipment and builds for your environment. Our team have the flexibility to work remotely or within your store environment to deliver the best result and we can assist you with the management of these rollouts through automated deployment frameworks customised for your environment.
We offer training for our products tailored for your business operations and delivered by professionals who have extensive business experience and knowledge within the Retail landscape.